Friday, September 21, 2007

Rock & Soul

Here are my attempts to merge and mix rock with soul. I've taken Metallica's "Enter Sandman" and mixed it with Alicia Key's "A Woman's Worth." I made two mixes and included both here. You may like it, you may not. It's unique and it now completely lacks any hip-hop beat.

The next track is an amalgam of rock magnates U2, hip-hop chanteuse Ciara, and rapper Usher. I put a mix of Ciara's "Get Up" and Usher's "Burn" to the backing track of U2's "One" to create a new storyline based on both of the two songs. He's now pleading with her to stay out of the clubs and at home with him. She is telling the world about the dancers she's running into there. The resulting song is entitled "Get Up And Burn One" and again, there's no trace of a hip-hop beat or a dance track. It is uniquely DJWildBill.

I went wild with Amy Winehouse's "Amy, Amy, Amy" choosing to mix it with Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing." The result is seductive, suggestive, and earth moving! This is a writhing rhythm!

Finally, this mix contains my choice track of TLC and Erykah Badu mashed-up as "Waterfalls On And On." I kept the backing rhythms from TLC's classic "Waterfalls" and added Erykah Badu's sultry vocals from "On And On" from her first album. The result provides Badu a new beat and is quite smooth. One of my first mash-ups, I am pleased to present you this mix.

Download Rock & Soul via MegaUpload : Click here

No comments: