Friday, September 21, 2007

LeAnn Rimes ~ Amazing Grace & Then Some

I've always loved LeAnn Rimes' voice. When I found that she had released a vocal only version of her release of Amazing Grace I was ecstatic and took a few out of the ordinary and quite unexpected musical risks.

No one would expect an established country recording artist to work with Led Zeppelin, Queen, or Jimi Hendrix and few have heard of Rita Coolidge's family group Walela. I experimented with adding LeAnn's voice to the classic Led Zeppelin track "Kashmir" and to Hendrix's "All Along The Watch Tower". After not entirely hating the resulting mash-ups, I mixed LeAnn's voice with the Queen stadium rocker "We Will Rock You."

By far though, my best work with LeAnn's track is my mix with Walela's "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee." The mash-up of the pleas from Christians and from Native Americans meld into a new track which resonates with equal amounts of angst and reverence. Sounding ethereal, the mash-up transcends cultural bounds and at times may seems as an attempt at atonement for past wrongs. I respectfully hope you'll like it.

Download LeAnn Rimes ~ Amazing Grace & Then Some via MegaUpload : Click here

No comments: